SQL Scales: 1 - What are SQL Scales

Some time ago I read a blog that I've lost track of, but it suggested that in the same way that practicing piano scales builds muscle memory and proficiency that then allows you to more easily attain higher level skills, so in other disciplines we should practice our scales in order that our daily work could achieve a higher level with less effort. It's similar to how having memorized your times tables makes algebra more accessible.

So for myself I want to put together some SQL Scales, little mantras that help me stay on track as I'm writing SQL or administrating SQL Server.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SQL 2005 SP4 and MSreplication_subscriptions

Hiding an ASPXGridView Delete button with HTMLRowCreated vs. CommandButtonInitialize

SQL Server Deadlocks - Easy Quick Start Guide